Master Suite Addition
Many homeowners today are looking for a master suite when purchasing a home. If you are considering a master suite addition to your existing home, be encouraged that you will be making your home more marketable for resale. This is a positive motivator, but shouldn’t be the one that spurs you onward to deciding to add this space to your current home. The real reason for adding a master suite addition is to improve the quality of your life, for personal comfort and enjoyment. Most master suite additions include a sleeping area, lounging area, luxury bath and walk-in closets. Many other amenities are also considered, like a wet bar, small kitchenette or breakfast nook. Perhaps you work from home and desire a home office to be incorporated in your addition. Regardless of what is included in your master suite addition, it is a luxurious and desirable addition to any home.
The phrase “master suite addition” brings to mind high-end materials including all the bells and whistles. Before you meet with a contractor take the time to list the amenities you can’t live without, as well as, the non-essentials. This will allow you to sculpt your project to fit your budget. Some of the standard amenities that master suite additions include are bathrooms with walk-in showers, free standing tubs, his and hers vanities, room for a king size bed, walk-in closet and a sitting area. Remember you are usually choosing to build a master suite addition for your private sanctuary. It should reek of luxury.
To help you with the planning of your master suite addition see below a short list of items to consider:
- Where will the addition be added, a second floor or adjacent to the first floor?
- Find a Design/Build Contractor to help draw a plan that fits your needs and desires.
- Identify the importance of: Privacy – View (setting of addition) – Storage – Noise Abatement – Entrances/Exits – Furnishings
- Exterior blending of the addition
- Set Priorities: Tub or No Tub – Double or Single Vanities – Commode Closet – Natural Light – Universal Design – Heated Floor – Multiple Shower Heads /Shower Bench – Materials Used